Tutors and teachers have three subscription options:
Individual tutor ($35/year) is intended for private individuals who teach or tutor one-on-one in the student's home. This subscription allows you to submit a post about your offerings to BPN's Tutors & Teachers listing, where it will remain for one year. Your post will appear in the listing under your own name, rather than under a business name. This subscription does not include a profile page on BPN's website, and you will not be included in any of BPN's listings other than the Tutor/Teacher listing. To subscribe as an individual tutor, click here.
Small Tutor Business ($75/year) This subscription is for individuals who teach or tutor one or more specific subjects, who would like more visibility than the standard tutor subscription provides. In addition to posting to the Tutors & Teachers listing, you will also have a profile page for your business and be included in relevant listings such as "Math Tutors". You have access to post monthly announcements about your offerings which will appear in our weekly newsletter. You can post about small classes or camps you offer for up to 30 students. See Benefits of a Tutor Business Subscription below. To subscribe as a small tutor business, choose the $75 subscription on this page. Note: The Small Tutor Business subscription is not available to college admissions advisors, educational consultants, or others who advise, consult with or counsel students and parents. Instead see Tutor Business.
- Tutor Business ($250/year) This subscription is intended for tutors and teachers that provide advising and consulting, such as college admissions advisors and educational therapists, and for larger tutor businesses with more than one tutor/teacher on staff, or that offer classes, camps, workshops in addition to tutor services. The business subscription gives you access to the Tutors & Teachers listing, you will also have a profile page for your business, be included in relevant listings, and you'll be able to post announcements, which appear in our weekly newsletter. See Benefits of a Tutor Business Subscription below. To subscribe, purchase a business subscription.
- Post to the Tutor & Teacher Listing
- Post Announcements & Events as often as every 30 days. More than one post at a time can be submitted if they're about different activities.
- Post about all services you offer including workshops, classes, camps, and online sessions.
- New posts appear in the weekly Announcements newsletter emailed to BPN subscribers.
- Have a profile page on BPN with information about your business (view example). Your profile page displays your current announcements, and parents can post reviews of your business to your profile page.
- Be included in relevant listings on the BPN website such as "Math Tutors" or "Test Prep Tutors" or "Summer Camps Now Enrolling"
- Academic subjects such as math, sciences, reading, writing, coding
- Foreign languages
- Academic advising and test prep
- Art and music
Requirements for subscribing as a tutor/teacher:
You must teach in person. BPN does not accept posts about online tutoring using Skype, webinars, email, phone, etc. NOTE (March 2020): During the coronavirus outbreak BPN is accepting posts from local tutors about online services.
- You must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- You must primarily target children 5-18, not adults.
- To subscribe as an individual tutor ($35), click here.
- To subscribe as a small tutor business choose the $75 subscription on this page.
- To subscribe as a business ($250), purchase a business subscription.
We use Paypal for all BPN subscriptions. If you don't already have a Paypal account you'll have the opportunity to create an account with your credit or debit card or your bank account. Your subscription will automatically renew at the same time every year, but you can cancel auto-renewal if you wish. For more info see Paying for a BPN Subscription.