Tutors and teachers have two subscription options:
Individual tutor subscriptions ($35/year) are intended for private individuals who teach or tutor one-on-one in the student's home. This inexpensive subscription allows you to submit a general post to BPN's Tutors & Teachers listing, where it will remain for one year. Your post will appear in the listing under your own name, rather than under a business name. This subscription does not include a profile page on BPN's website, so you will not be included in listings other than the Tutor/Teacher Listing. More information: FAQ for Tutors & Teachers
Tutor business subscriptions ($75 or $250/year) are for tutors and teachers who have a business name or website, or have an office, or who offer additional services such as classes and workshops. The $75 business subscription is for single individuals who teach or tutor specific subjects. The $250 subscription is for larger businesses with more than one tutor/teacher on staff, and businesses that provide advising and consulting, such as college admissions advisors and educational consultants.
- Post to the Tutor & Teacher Listing
- Post Announcements & Events as often as every 30 days. More than one post at a time can be submitted if they're different.
- Appear in the weekly Announcements newsletter emailed to BPN subscribers.
- Post about all services you offer including workshops, open houses, classes, camps, and online sessions.
- Have a profile page on BPN with information about your business (view example). Your profile page displays your current announcements, and parents can post reviews of your business to your profile page.
- Be included in relevant listings on the BPN website such as "Test Prep Tutors" or "Summer Camps Now Enrolling"
- Academic subjects such as math, sciences, reading, writing, coding
- Foreign languages
- Academic advising and test prep
- Art and music
Requirements for subscribing as a tutor/teacher:
You must teach in person. BPN does not accept posts about online tutoring using Skype, webinars, email, phone, etc. NOTE (March 2020): During the coronavirus outbreak BPN is accepting posts from local tutors about online services.
- You must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- You must primarily target children 5-18, not adults.
Click 'subscribe' in the upper right corner of our website, and choose either the Business or the Individual subscription. This will take you to a page where you can pay with Paypal. If you don't already have a Paypal account you'll have the opportunity to open one with a credit card or bank account.
Note: if you are already subscribed and logged in, you won't see the subscribe link. In that case, go directly to the subscribe page.