Subscribing to BPN as a Professional Practice
You must offer services for children or parents in the San Francisco Bay Area. Examples of private practices that can purchase a business subscription to BPN:
- Psychotherapists & Psychiatrists
- Life Coaches, Support Groups, Therapeutic Services
- Educational Therapists, Speech Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists
- Pediatric Practices including Dentistry and Specialists
- ObGyns, Midwife Practices, Birthing Centers, Lactation Consultants
Click 'subscribe' in the upper right corner. If you are already a BPN parent subscriber, log out of your parent account first, and go directly to the Subscribe page. Choose the Business subscription.
The Business subscription is $250 per year. BPN is a nonprofit and these subscriptions keep BPN online as a resource for the entire community.
A profile page on our website that you can edit that contains information about your practice and a link to your own website. Your current posts will be displayed on your profile page. Clients of yours who subscribe to BPN can post reviews of you directly to your profile page.
You will be included in BPN's listings in the category for your business's type of activity. For example, see "Therapists."
- Post an Announcement about your practice every 30 days. You can publicize upcoming groups and workshops, availability in your practice, or general information about your programs and services. Posts are available to the public on the BPN website in the listing you chose and are also displayed on your profile page. New announcements from the past 7 days are included in the weekly Announcements newsletter, which is emailed to all subscribers. You also have the option to include your post in the weekly newsletter for Parents of Teens if your post is relevant for that age group.
Also see How to Publicize Your Practice on BPN for community subscribers.
No, sorry. BPN is intended as a forum for parents to share advice and reviews with each other. Therefore, professional advice is not accepted in the Parent Q&A listing. As a business subscriber, you can post announcements about your services, and you can describe your approach and your services on your profile page. But you will not be able to post professional advice or articles on the BPN website.
You may subscribe as a parent for free, and you will have access to the parent sections of the BPN website, including Parent Q&A, but you must post as a parent, not as a business, per BPN policy. If you would like to let parents know about your business, you will need to purchase a business subscription so you can post announcements -- parent subscribers don't have access to post these.
How to subscribe as both a business and a parent:
We recommend that you use two different email addresses for your business and parent accounts so you can keep your accounts separate. This way, you can still post anonymously as a parent, and have a username that does not identify you. Usernames for business accounts are either the business name or your full name.
Already subscribed as a parent? First log out of your parent account on the BPN website, and then go to the Subscribe Page and purchase the business account using a different email address.
Already subscribed as a business and you'd like access as a parent? Log out of your business account on the BPN website and then go to the Subscribe Page and subscribe as a parent.
- Never subscribed to BPN? Create your parent account first on the Subscribe Page. Then follow the instructions in #1 above to create your business account.
Nonprofit, tax-exempt practices that do not charge any clients any fees for any of their services may subscribe as a free nonprofit here. Otherwise you must subscribe as a medical/therapy practice, paying the business rate. Please contact us if you are not sure which category to subscribe in. We usually respond within 24 hours.
If your practice operates a summer camp, classes, workshops or groups in addition to providing therapy, you must purchase a business subscription, not a camp/class subscription, even if you want to post only about your classes or camps. Subscription fees for classes and camps are scaled according to the size of the program so that smaller programs pay less than larger ones. But businesses that provide additional services besides classes are larger overall than comparable programs that offer classes only. Since all of your programs benefit from publicity and name recognition on BPN via your posts and profile page, even the programs that you aren't posting about specifically, all of your activities need to be included in the fee calculation, in fairness to other BPN community subscribers. Therefore you must subscribe as a business, not as a class.
- A therapy practice that operates a summer camp must subscribe as a business
- A medical practice that also offers childbirth classes must subscribe as a business