Subscribing to BPN as a Private Practice
Your business must be local to the SF Bay Area and you must offer services for children or specifically for parents and parents-to-be. You must offer services in person. BPN does not accept posts about exclusively online services.
Examples of private practices that can subscribe to BPN:
- Therapists & Coaches
- Psychotherapists & Psychiatrists
- Pediatric Practices including Dentistry and Specialists
- ObGyns, Midwife Practices, and Birthing Centers
- Speech Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists
Click 'subscribe' in the upper right corner, or if you are already a BPN subscriber, go directly to the Subscribe page.
The Business subscription is $250 per year. BPN is a nonprofit and these subscriptions keep BPN online as a resource for the entire community.
A profile page on our website that you can edit that contains information about your practice and a link to your own website. Parents who subscribe to BPN can post reviews of you directly to your profile page.
You will be included in BPN's listings in the category for your business's type of activity. For example, see "Psychotherapists."
- Ability to post an Announcement about your business on our website every 30 days for one year. You can publicize upcoming groups and workshops, availability in your practice, open houses, or general information about your programs and services. You may have up to 3 posted announcements if they are about different activities/programs. Posts are available to the public on the BPN website and are also displayed on your profile page. The weekly Announcements newsletter, which is emailed to all subscribers, contains new posts from the past week as well as upcoming events. You also have the option to include your post in the weekly newsletter for Parents of Teens if your post is relevant for that age group.
No, sorry. BPN is intended as a forum for parents to share advice and reviews with other parents in the community. Therefore, professional advice is not accepted in the Parent Q&A listing. As a business subscriber, you can post announcements about your classes, services, etc. You can also describe your approach and your services on your profile page. But you will not be able to post professional advice or articles on the BPN website.
You may subscribe as a parent for free, and you will have access to the parent sections of the BPN website, including Parent Q&A (but you must post as a parent, not as a business, per BPN policy.) However, if you would like to publicize your business, you will need to purchase a business subscription so you can post announcements and events -- parent subscribers don't have access to post these.
How to subscribe as both a business and a parent:
Are you already subscribed as a parent? If you want to combine your business and parent subscriptions under one account using the same email address, go to the Subscribe Page when you are logged in to your parent account, and choose the business account. If you'd prefer to create a separate business account under a different email address, log out of the BPN website first, and then go to the Subscribe Page and subscribe as a business.
Are you already subscribed as a business? Please contact us and tell us the ages of your children and we'll add parent access to your account. Or, if you'd prefer to have a separate parent account under a different email address, log out of the BPN website and then go to the Subscribe Page and subscribe as a parent.
- If you've never subscribed to BPN, create your parent account first on the Subscribe Page. Then follow the instructions in #1 above to create your business account.
If your private practice operates a camp, classes, workshops or groups in addition to your parenting-related or child-related business activities, you must purchase a business subscription, not a camp/class subscription, even if you want to post only about your classes or camps. The reason for this is because subscription fees for classes and camps are scaled according to the size of the program so that smaller programs pay less than larger ones. But businesses that provide additional services besides classes are larger overall than comparable programs that offer classes only. Since all of your programs benefit from publicity and name recognition on BPN via your posts and profile page, even the programs that you aren't posting about specifically, all of your activities need to be included in the fee calculation, in fairness to other BPN community subscribers. Therefore you must subscribe as a business, not as a class.
- A therapy practice that also operates classes or workshops
- A medical practice that also offers childbirth classes
Nonprofit, tax-exempt practices that do not charge any clients any fees for any of their services may subscribe as a free nonprofit here. Otherwise you must subscribe as a medical/therapy practice. Please contact us if you are not sure which category to subscribe in. We usually respond within 24 hours.