- Classes, camps and activities for children 0-18 years old
- Classes & groups specifically for parents or parents-to-be
- In-person activities only -- we do not accept posts about online offerings
- Site must be in the San Francisco Bay Area (exceptions: overnight summer camps, boarding schools, residency programs)
Note: If you offer only one-on-one instruction, see "Tutors & Teachers" instead.
Click 'subscribe' in the upper right corner, or if you are already a BPN subscriber, go directly to the Subscribe page.
Programs operated by a city or a public school district may subscribe to BPN for free. For all other programs, the subscription fee is $35 - $250 per year, depending on the maximum number of participants you can accommodate at once. This includes nonprofits, unless no one is charged anything to participate. Click here to view subscription fees.
- City-run classes and summer programs may subscribe for free (see below).
- Public school districts that operate classes & camps may subscribe for free (see below).
- Camps or classes that are free for all participants: please contact us to arrange a reduced or free subscription.
- Nonprofit sports teams, clubs, and other groups staffed by volunteers (see below).
- Nonprofit cultural or religious classes that meet infrequently (see below).
A profile page on our website with information about your program. Your current announcements and events are displayed on your profile page. Parents who subscribe to BPN can post reviews of you directly to your profile page. Your profile page is included in category-based listings on our site, such as "music classes & camps", or "academic summer programs". A special 'B' icon will be displayed next to your name in listings to show that you are a BPN Community Subscriber.
Post Announcements and Events to the BPN website, such as upcoming registrations, current openings, tours and open houses, kid-friendly events and activities such as carnivals and performances, parent education events such as lectures. You can also post job openings at your facility. Posts are public on the BPN website for 30 days, after which you can post a new announcement. You can have more than one active post if they are about different programs. All new posts are included in the weekly Announcements newsletter, which is emailed to all subscribers. (view more info about posting announcements).
Your announcement or event will also be included in seasonal listings in the "What's New" block on BPN's home page, such as "Summer Camps Now Enrolling" in the spring, or "Fall Classes for Kids".
Access to BPN's Marketplace listing, where you can seek donated items and buy and sell used items from other BPN subscribers.
See "Is it worth it for me to purchase a subscription?" for information about BPN's demographics and reach.
If camps and classes are the primary activity of your nonprofit, you are charged the same fees as all other camps and classes; see How much does it cost? above.
If your nonprofit operates classes or camps in addition to some other primary activity such as a museum, you might be able to subscribe as a nonprofit rather than a camp or class. Please see "Non-profits that operate a school, camp, tutoring, or classes" for more information.
Parent-run groups such as sports teams, scouts, and hobby clubs for kids may be eligible to subscribe for no cost or for a reduced fee:
Free to subscribe if the team or group is entirely organized and run by volunteers, and there are no paid staff, directors, facilitators, or coaches, and there is no fee to participate other than for operating costs such as equipment, facility rental, and tournament fees.
- Reduced subscription fee ($50) if the team or group has 501(c)(3) status and is organized and run by volunteers, but charges a fee to participate and/or pays stipends to coaches.
All other sports teams must purchase a subscription based on their capacity. See How much does it cost? above.
- See also: Volunteer-run parent support groups
Classes that meet only a few hours a week in order to serve children of a particular cultural or religious background may be eligible for a reduced subscription fee. Typically these programs charge tuition by the semester or the year, and operate only on weekends or after school. Please Contact us to find out whether your program qualifies for a reduced fee.
City-run and school district run programs may subscribe to BPN for free. However, to qualify for a free subscription, the camp or class must be operated and staffed exclusively by employees of the city or school district. This means that if you teach a class in a city park or public/charter school, you must still purchase a subscription that is based on your capacity unless you are an employee for the city of school district.
Foundations and other non-profits that are associated with a particular school district are not considered to be a public school because their funding does not come from state and federal taxes, so these nonprofits must subscribe at the same levels as other nonprofit camps and classes.
You must subscribe as a business rather than a class or camp if you provide additional services that are not classes or camps, even if you plan to post only about your classes, or camps.
- Tutoring centers that also offer classes for multiple students must subscribe as a business.
- Therapy and counseling practices that also operate a summer camp must subscribe as a business.
For more information see Businesses that also operate camps or classes.
If you operate your program at someone else's site such as a school or park or performance venue, you must still subscribe as a class/camp. Your subscription fee is based on the capacity of your class or camp, even if the site qualifies as a free non-profit.
- After-school classes at a public school that are not operated by the school itself, must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class
- Art classes taught at a city park but not operated by the city must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class
- Enrichment classes at a preschool that are not operated by the preschool itself, must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class
Classes, camps, groups and teams that subscribe to BPN will have a profile page on our website that contains information about your program, parents' reviews of you, and links to any current announcements or events. (view example) Your subscription entitles you to edit your profile page to add information about your program. Some of the fields on your page, such as your name, can only be edited by BPN administrators. If this field needs to be corrected, please contact us.
- Type of Program: Check one or more. Choices include Class, Day camp, Group, Other summer, Overnight camp.
- Activity Type: Check one or more activities, such as Academic, Arts & Crafts, Sports, etc.
- Ages: Indicate the ages that you accept for your program
- About the Program: Type in a brief description of your program. You can include session dates, cost, or any other information you'd like to display on your profile page.
- Phone: This field accepts any format for phone numbers. You can enter more than one phone number, or add text such as "email preferred" or "leave a message."
- Email: Enter a full, valid email address. Parents will be able to click on this to send you an email.
- Website: Enter your school's website and it will be clickable.
- City Where Camp or Class is Located: Enter the city where your business is located. Please do not select all the cities you serve - you will be able to indicate this on your postings, but we need the city where your site is on your profile page. If you have multiple sites in more than 3 Bay Area cities, scroll to the bottom and pick a region such as "East Bay Area" or "SF Bay Area" rather than clicking multiple cities. If you are an out-of-town overnight summer camp, choose "Out of Area."
- Capacity: Enter the maximum number of participants that can be enrolled in your program.
- Languages: Check other languages besides English that are spoken by your staff. Parents can search for this.
- Affiliation: This lets parents search for specific type of programs, such as religious affiliations.
Post to the Announcements or Events listings. See the "How to" section on About Announcements and Events for detailed instructions. Post an Event about a one-time activity such as a performance or an open house. Post an Announcement about upcoming camps or classes, or openings in your program.