- Classes, camps and activities for children 0-18 years old
- Classes & groups specifically for parents or parents-to-be
In-person activities only -- we do not accept posts about online offeringsNOTE (March 2020): During the coronavirus outbreak BPN is accepting posts about online services !!
- Site must be in the San Francisco Bay Area (exceptions: overnight summer camps, boarding schools, residency programs)
Note: If you offer only one-on-one instruction, see "Tutors & Teachers" instead.
Click 'subscribe' in the upper right corner, or if you are already a BPN subscriber, go directly to the Subscribe page.
The subscription fee is $35 - $250 per year, depending on the maximum number of participants you can accommodate at once. Click here to view subscription fees.
Nonprofits pay the same fees for classes & camps, with the exceptions noted below.
- Classes & camps that are operated by a city or school district may subscribe for free (see below).
- Classes & camps that are free for all participants at all times: please contact us to arrange a reduced or free subscription.
- Sports teams and clubs with nominal fees, staffed by parent volunteers (see below).
- Nonprofit cultural or religious classes that meet infrequently (see below).
A profile page on our website with information about your program. Your current announcements and events are displayed on your profile page. Parents who subscribe to BPN can post reviews of you directly to your profile page. Your profile page is included in category-based listings on our site, such as "music classes & camps", or "academic summer programs". A special 'B' icon will be displayed next to your name in listings to show that you are a BPN Community Subscriber.
Post Announcements and Events to the BPN website, such as upcoming registrations, current openings, tours and open houses, kid-friendly events and activities such as carnivals and performances, parent education events such as lectures. You can also post job openings at your facility. Posts are public on the BPN website for 30 days, after which you can post a new announcement. You can have more than one active post if they are about different programs. All new posts are included in the weekly Announcements newsletter, which is emailed to all subscribers. (view more info about posting announcements).
Your announcement or event will also be included in seasonal listings in the "What's New" block on BPN's home page, such as "Summer Camps Now Enrolling" in the spring, or "Fall Classes for Kids".
Access to BPN's Marketplace listing, where you can seek donated items and buy and sell used items from other BPN subscribers.
See "Is it worth it for me to purchase a subscription?" for information about BPN's demographics and reach.
If camps and classes are the primary activity of your nonprofit, you are charged the same fees as all other camps and classes -- see How much does it cost? above. There are some exceptions for nonprofit performance venues and museums, nonprofits where all programs are free, and programs operated and staffed by a city. See "Non-profits that operate a school, camp, tutoring, or classes" for more information.
Parent-run groups such as sports teams, scouting, and hobby clubs for kids may be eligible to subscribe for no cost or for a reduced fee:
Free to subscribe if the team or group is entirely organized and run by volunteers, and there are no paid staff, directors, facilitators, or coaches.
- Reduced subscription fee ($50) if the team or group has 501(c)(3) status and is organized and run by volunteers, but charges a fee to participate and/or pays stipends to coaches.
All other sports teams must purchase a subscription based on their capacity. See How much does it cost? above.
- See also: Volunteer-run parent support groups
Classes that meet only a few hours a week in order to serve children of a particular cultural or religious background may be eligible for a reduced subscription fee. Typically these programs charge tuition by the semester or the year, and operate only on weekends or after school. Please Contact us to find out whether your program qualifies for a reduced fee.
City-run and school district run programs may subscribe to BPN for free. However, to qualify for a free subscription, the camp or class must be operated and staffed exclusively by employees of the city or school district. This means that if you teach a class in a city park or public/charter school, you must still purchase a subscription that is based on your capacity unless you are an employee of the city or school district that is hosting the class.
Foundations and other non-profits that are associated with a particular school district are not considered to be a public school because their funding does not come from state and federal taxes, so these nonprofits must subscribe at the same levels as other nonprofit camps and classes.
You must subscribe as a business rather than a class or camp if you provide additional services that are not classes or camps, even if you plan to post only about your classes, or camps.
- Tutoring centers that also offer classes for multiple students must subscribe as a business.
- Therapy and counseling practices that also operate a summer camp must subscribe as a business.
For more information see Businesses that also operate camps or classes.
If you operate your program at someone else's site such as a school, park, library, or performance venue, you must still subscribe as a class/camp. Your subscription fee is based on the capacity of your class or camp, even if the site qualifies as a free non-profit.
- After-school classes at a public school that are not operated by the school itself, must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class
- Art classes taught at a city park but not operated by the city must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class
- Enrichment classes at a preschool that are not operated by the preschool itself, must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class