Subscribing to BPN as a Class or Camp
- Classes & camps for kids
- Classes specifically for moms, dads, or parents-to-be
- Choral and singing groups
- Sports teams (Note: non-profit season-long teams may subscribe as a non-profit. See this page.)
- In-person classes only (not online)
- San Francisco Bay Area only, except overnight summer camps that attract Bay Area kids
Classes and Camps can purchase a BPN community subscription and post announcements and events about their programs. The fee is based on your maximum capacity -- see About Community Subscribers for details about fees.
The subscription fee is based on the maximum capacity for your class or camp. Smaller programs pay less than larger programs. You can view the range of subscription fees here: About Community Subscribers. On that page there is also information about how we define capacity, and how to subscribe if you have multiple sites.
Non-profits that operate camps, classes, and schools pay the same subscription fee as for-profits, with the exceptions noted in the next section.
Most non-profits must purchase a subscription if they operate a camp, classes, or other groups for children. However, there are some non-profit camps & classes that can subscribe for free or for the lower non-profit rate:
- City-run classes and summer programs may subscribe for free (see below).
- Public school districts that operate classes & camps may subscribe for free (see below).
- Camps or classes that are free for all participants: please contact us to arrange a reduced or free subscription.
- Non-profit cultural or religious classes might be eligible for a reduced fee - see this page.
- Non-profit sports teams might be eligible for a reduced fee - see this page.
Click 'subscribe' in the upper right corner, or if you are already a BPN subscriber, go directly to the Subscribe page.
City-run and school district programs may subscribe to BPN for free. However, to qualify for a free subscription, the camp or class must be operated by employees of the city or school district. This means that if you teach a class in a city park or public school, you must still purchase a subscription that is based on your capacity. Foundations and other non-profits that are associated with a particular school district are not considered to be a public school because their funding does not come from state and federal taxes, so these non-profits must subscribe at the same levels as other non-profit camps and classes.
If you operate your program at someone else's site such as a school or park, you must still subscribe as a class/camp. Your subscription fee is based on the capacity of your class or camp, even if the site qualifies as a free non-profit.
- After-school classes at a public school that are not operated by the school itself, must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class
- Art classes taught at a city park but not operated by the city must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class
- Enrichment classes at a preschool that are not operated by the preschool itself, must subscribe as a class/camp based on the maximum capacity for the class
Classes, camps, groups and teams that subscribe to BPN will have a profile page on our website that contains information about your program, parents' reviews of you, and links to any current announcements or events. (view example) Your subscription entitles you to edit your profile page to add information about your program. Some of the fields on your page, such as your name, can only be edited by BPN administrators. If this field needs to be corrected, please contact us.
- Has Openings: Check this box if you currently have openings. Your program will be included in the list of Programs with Openings and your profile page will display "Has Openings" at the top. You can write details about your openings in "About the Program."
- Type of Program: Check one or more. Choices include Class, Day camp, Group, Other summer, Overnight camp.
- Activity Type: Check one or more activities, such as Academic, Arts & Crafts, Sports, etc.
- Ages: Indicate the ages that you accept for your program
- About the Program: Type in a brief description of your program. You can include session dates, cost, or any other information you'd like to display on your profile page.
- Phone: This field accepts any format for phone numbers. You can enter more than one phone number, or add text such as "email preferred" or "leave a message."
- Email: Enter a full, valid email address. Parents will be able to click on this to send you an email.
- Website: Enter your school's website and it will be clickable.
- City Where Camp or Class is Located: Enter the city where your business is located. Please do not select all the cities you serve - you will be able to indicate this on your postings. If you have multiple sites in more than 3 Bay Area cities, scroll to the bottom and pick a region such as "East Bay Area" or "SF Bay Area" rather than clicking multiple cities. If you are an out-of-town overnight summer camp, choose "Out of Area."
- Capacity: Enter the maximum number of participants that can be enrolled in your program.
- Languages: Check any languages that are spoken at your school. Parents can search for this.
- Affiliation: This lets parents search for specific type of programs, such as religious affiliations.
There are two ways to let parents know about openings in your program:
1. Post to the Announcements or Events listings. See the "How to" section on About Announcements and Events for detailed instructions. Post an Event about a one-time activity such as a performance or an open house. Post an Announcement about your camp or class, or openings in your program.
2. Edit your profile page and check the "Has Openings" box at the top. "Currently Has Openings" will then be displayed at the top of your page and in all search results. Your program will be automatically included in the list of classes/camps/groups/teams with openings (CLICK HERE to view the current list.) You can edit the "About our program" box to provide details about upcoming openings. When you no longer have openings, un-check the "Has Openings" box and edit "About our program" if you need to.