These subscription fees apply to all programs, whether non-profit or for-profit, that enroll multiple children or parents, with the exceptions noted below.
The fee is based on your maximum capacity (not your enrollment - see how we define capacity below) for all your programs and sites.
- $35/year for small in-home daycares
- $75/year for a capacity up to 30 participants
- $150/year for a capacity of 31 - 60 participants
- $200/year for a capacity of 61 - 130 participants
- $250/year for a capacity of 131 or more participants
- Free for public K-12 schools and city-operated programs
- What types of programs do these fees apply to?
- Are there any exceptions to the fees?
- How does BPN define "Capacity"?
- If you have more than one site
- If you offer one than one type of program
- Why do you use capacity and not actual enrollment?
- Do you confirm capacity?
- See also: How to pay for a BPN Subscription
- Schools K-12
- Preschools, Daycares, & Childcare Facilities (you must be licensed)
- Classes, Groups, Workshops, Afterschool Programs, Summer Programs
- Summer & Holiday Camps
- Sports Teams
- Groups such as Scouting and Choruses
- Public schools and public charter schools, including other programs operated by school staff, such as after school programs = free
- City-operated camps, classes, and childcare where all staff are city employees = free
- Tax-exempt and publicly-funded agencies, organizations, and institutions that do not charge any fees or tuition for any of their programs for children or parents = free
- Some nonprofit sports teams and groups that are staffed exclusively by volunteers may subscribe at a reduced rate. See Volunteer-run sports teams, clubs, and groups for more information.
Please contact us if you are unsure whether one of these exceptions applies to you. We usually respond within 24 hours.
BPN's subscription fees are based on the total capacity of all activities you offer at all your sites, even if you only want to publicize some of your programs. The reason we do this is because we want to be fair about setting subscription fees so that smaller programs pay less than bigger programs.
How to determine your capacity for the purpose of a BPN subscription fee:
Preschools, daycares, childcare centers: The capacity on your state-issued facility license for all your sites and for all age groups, even if you enroll fewer children than you are licensed for.
Classes, camps, K-12 schools, teams, groups: The maximum number of participants that can be accommodated at your site(s) at the same time.
Different enrollments on different days: For preschools and childcare, use the capacity on your site license. For other types of programs, use the maximum number of students that can be accommodated at your facilities at the same time on any given day.
Please contact us if you are not sure what your subscription fee should be. We usually respond within 24 hours.
If you have more than one site, you must subscribe all your sites at the same time. BPN does not accept subscriptions for some of your sites but not others. Exception: if your program is a franchise of a regional or nationwide organization such as the YMCA, you may subscribe only the site(s) that you are interested in publicizing, and your subscription fee is based only on the capacity for that site.
You have two options:
Purchase one subscription for all your sites. Your fee is based on the total capacity for all your sites and you will have one account on BPN that can post about openings and events at all sites.
Subscribe each site separately. The fee for each site is based on its own capacity. All sites must be subscribed at the same time. This option is usually more expensive but it may be the best option if you want a separate BPN account for each site, so that different people can manage publicity for each site.
If you operate different programs such as an infant center as well as after-school childcare for older kids, your capacity is the total on your license for each of these programs.
If you offer a separate summer program, you may purchase one subscription based on the maximum capacity you can accommodate on any day of the year.
Businesses & organizations that offer classes/camps in addition to some other primary activity:
Tutor businesses: If you offer classes or camps as well as one-on-one instruction or advising, see Subscribing as a Tutor or Teacher for instructions.
Nonprofits: If you offer classes or camps but your primary activity is a museum, performing arts center or similar, see this page for instructions.
BPN uses capacity because we do not have the resources to track enrollment month to month or year to year for the thousands of schools, classes, camps, and preschools that subscribe to BPN.
We are a nonprofit, so we have tried to be fair setting the fees we charge -- smaller programs pay less than larger ones. But actual enrollment varies over time for most programs due to many unpredictable factors. If we needed to adjust fees based on current enrollment, we'd have to hire additional staffing to contact each subscriber periodically to get current enrollment. Capacity on the other hand is limited by your physical site, which tends not to change very often.
In fairness to all paid subscribers, we do our best to verify the capacity for each new subscription. We ask for your capacity when you subscribe, and your capacity will also be published on your profile page.
For preschools, daycares, and after school programs, capacity is set by state law when your site is licensed, and BPN can verify the capacity in the state's database. We only accept licensed programs. We periodically review existing subscriptions to check for changes in capacity.
- For schools, classes and camps which do not have a published licensed capacity, we depend on subscribers to accurately self-report their capacity, but we also review new subscribers' websites to confirm their reported capacity, as well as announcements they post after subscribing.