BPN accepts two types of subscriptions:
Parents: Parents and parents-to-be may subscribe for free. You must live in the San Francisco Bay Area or be planning a move here, and you must be actively parenting children (of any age including young adults) or expecting a child, so that you can participate in parent-to-parent discussions. Foster parents, grandparents and other family members caring for children in the family are also eligible to subscribe as parents if they are actively involved in caring for children. More info: FAQ for Parent Subscribers
Community members: Schools, childcare providers, organizations and businesses that would like to publicize their programs or services on BPN may choose one of our paid subscriptions (free for some types of nonprofits.) You must be based in the SF Bay Area and offer services specifically to parents or children. The subscription allows you to post announcements on BPN, have a profile page on our site, and be included in relevant listings. More info: About Community Subscribers
BPN is a non-profit network managed mainly by volunteer parents. Our mission is to provide a forum for parents in the SF Bay community so they can help, advise, and support each other. We are committed to keeping subscriptions free for parents, and we do not accept advertising or corporate or government grants. Our only income comes from the child-related schools and businesses in the community who pay a fee to subscribe to BPN. We publish advice and reviews on our website for all to use, but our resources are limited. So we can only provide free subscriptions to parents in the Bay Area.
- Are you already subscribed and want to add a different type of subscription? Click here to go directly to the subscription page.
- Haven't subscribed on this site before? Click "subscribe" in the upper right corner, choose either 'Parents' or 'Community Subscribers', and fill out the required fields
A moderator will review your subscription, and give you access to your profile page if applicable. You will then receive an email with instructions on how to set your password.
Yes. It doesn't happen often, but BPN reserves the right to cancel an existing subscription, or refuse to accept a new subscription, in our discretion.
Here are some of the reasons we have canceled or rejected subscriptions in the past:
- Not eligible to subscribe, such as a parent who does not live in the Bay Area, or a business that does not specifically serve parents or children.
- Providing false information on the subscription form, such as subscribing as a parent when you are not a parent.
- Subscribing as a parent, but using BPN's messaging service to send private messages to other subscribers about your business or the services you offer.
- Failure to follow BPN policies, such as submitting deceptive or fraudulent posts, posting reviews in exchange for a favor or payment, or promoting one's own business in the Parent Q&A listing.
- Causing trouble for the BPN moderators, such as being rude, or repeatedly emailing moderators to complain about BPN's policies or decisions.
- Causing trouble for other BPN subscribers, such as signing them up to a mailing list without their consent, or sending them a private message to complain about their post, or offering a service that they did not specifically request.
But please note, we reserve our right to cancel or decline a subscription for these or other reasons, in our sole discretion.