Berkeley Parents Network often publishes requests from researchers, authors, entrepreneurs and others who are seeking to interview parents or kids. Many of our parent subscribers are interested in participating in these. As of May 2017, there are 18,000 parents subscribed to BPN who live all over the SF Bay Area (view stats), so your query will reach a wide audience.
If your work is related to children or parenting and has interest for our parent subscribers, you can subscribe to BPN as a Community Subscriber and post an announcement on the BPN website. Announcements are publicly available on our website for 30 days, and new announcements are sent out in the weekly newsletter mailed to all subscribers. See About Announcements and Events for details.
- View current announcements from researchers
Some subscriptions are free and some are not, depending on the type of business or organization you represent. BPN is a nonprofit -- paid community subscriptions are our only income, so businesses seeking parents on BPN will need to purchase a subscription. But we do offer free subscriptions to nonprofits such as research universities. (For more information about subscribing, see About BPN Community Subscribers.)
Research at a University or Non-Profit Organization: If you are conducting research on behalf of an educational institution, such as a college or university, or other tax-exempt research-based nonprofit, you may SUBSCRIBE HERE as a "Free Non-profit". When you subscribe, please provide the name of your institution and your department, and include a brief description of your project.
Industry Research: If you are a business or start-up seeking parents/kids for focus groups, surveys, or other research activities, you may SUBSCRIBE HERE as a Business ($250 for one year) on this page.
- Reporter/Author/Filmmaker: There are two options:
- You can subscribe to BPN as a business ($250) or, if you have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status, as a nonprofit ($50). You will then have a profile page on BPN. See About BPN Community Subscribers for fees and details. Subscribe here.
- You can subscribe as an Individual ($35) if you are a writer or filmmaker. Please indicate on your subscription that you are an author so we can give you access to post announcements using the profile page for Author Queries. Subscribe here.
A subscription entitles you to post announcements on our website for one year. Announcements remain published for 30 days, and you may have one published post in a 30-day period. Post in the category "Researchers & Authors Seeking Parents/Kids."
- University and Nonprofit Research: Look for your school and/or department on our List of Parenting Research profile pages. Please Contact Us if we need to add your institution.
- Businesses: When we confirm your subscription, we will send you an email with the link to your profile page.
- Individuals: Use the Author Query profile page.
For details about posting an announcement, see About Announcements and Events.