Berkeley Parents Network often publishes requests from researchers, authors, entrepreneurs and others who are seeking parents or kids for interviews, surveys, focus groups, and research projects. Many of our parent subscribers are interested in participating in these. As of Fall 2018, there are more than 28,000 subscribers who live all over the SF Bay Area, so your query will reach a wide audience.
- View current announcements from researchers
How to post about your research:
Some subscriptions are free and some are not, depending on the type of business or organization you are affiliated with. BPN is a nonprofit and paid community subscriptions are our only income, so businesses seeking parents on BPN will need to purchase a subscription. But we do offer free subscriptions to nonprofits such as research universities. (For more information about subscribing, see About BPN Community Subscribers.)
Research at a University or Nonprofit Organization: If you are conducting research on behalf of an educational institution, such as a college or university, or other tax-exempt research-based nonprofit, you may subscribe for free and post your query. When you subscribe, please provide the name of your institution as well as the name of your department, center, or lab. We will need an email address from your institution, such as "name [at] berkeley.edu" so we can confirm you are an affiliate. Please also include a brief description of your project. SUBSCRIBE HERE as a "Free Non-profit"
Research for a Business or Start-Up: If you are a business or start-up seeking parents/kids for focus groups, surveys, or other research activities, you may SUBSCRIBE HERE as a Business ($250 for one year) on this page. New businesses may be eligible for a lower fee - please contact us for more information.
Reporter for Public Media: If you are seeking to interview parents for an article or segment that will appear in a free, publicly-available medium, such as radio, television, or free-access print media, you may SUBSCRIBE HERE as a "Free Non-profit" and post your request using the "Public Media" profile page. Please note: if access to your published work will not be free, i.e., readers must purchase a subscription to access the article, please instead subscribe as an Author/Filmmaker as explained in the next section.
- Author/Filmmaker/Director: If you are looking for parents to interview for your book, film, TV segment, or article, and access to your work will not be free, we ask that you purchase a subscription. There are three options:
- Subscribe here as an Individual ($35) and post using the profile page "Author Query".
- Subscribe here as a business ($250) and we will make you a profile page on our website. One-person businesses and new businesses may be eligible for a reduced fee. Contact us for more information.
- Subscribe here as a nonprofit ($50) if you have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status. We will make you a profile page on our website.
A subscription entitles you to post announcements on our website for one year. Announcements remain published for 30 days, and new announcements are included in the weekly Announcements newsletter we mail to subscribers. You may have one published post in a 30-day period.
- Post an Announcement in the category "Researchers & Authors Seeking Parents/Kids."
- You will need to provide a Profile Page when you post:
- University and Nonprofit Research: Look for your school and/or department on our List of Parenting Research profile pages. Please Contact Us if we need to add your institution.
- Businesses and Nonprofit Organizations: When we confirm your subscription, we will send you an email with the link to your profile page.
- Individuals: Use the Author Query or Public Media Inquiry profile page.
For details about posting an announcement, see About Announcements and Events.