Posting to BPN
You must be logged in as a BPN subscriber to post. The "Post a New Message" button in the main menu (also on your account page) takes you to a page that displays the types of postings you can make based on the type of subscription you have. See Where Can I Post? for a list.
All posts are reviewed first by a moderator before they are published to the site. This can take a few days. You can find out the status of your post on your account page, under "My Posts" (if you posted a question, or you posted to Childcare, Marketplace, or Announcements) or under "My Reviews & Responses" (if you posted a review or a response to a question.) See How to Use & Edit Your Account for more info.
Status of your post:
- Awaiting Moderation: Your post hasn't been reviewed yet. Please allow up to 7 days.
- Approved: A moderator has approved your post and it is published on the website until it expires.
- Not Approved: You will usually receive an email giving the reason for rejection. If not, use the contact form to ask about it.
- Unpublished: You or a moderator unpublished the post.
If you posted a review on the page of a school, class, camp, etc., check the "Approved" column under "My Reviews" on your account page. If the moderator hasn't reviewed it yet, you'll see "No" in the Approved column. Once it has been reviewed and approved, "Yes" will be displayed and your review is now published to the website.
1. Go to https://www.berkeleyparentsnetwork.org
2. Make sure you are logged in (if you are, you will see your user name in the upper right corner. If not, click login)
3. Click Post a Message
4. Choose the type of post you want to make
5. Fill out all the fields that have a red star, and type in a message
6. Click Preview
7. If you got an error, you will see a pink box at the top with the error message, such as "Title field is required." Make corrections and click Preview again.
8. If you didn't get an error you will see a yellow box at the top that says "Wait, you're not done!" It tells you to either make changes and click Preview again, or click Submit.
9. Click Submit
A moderator will review your post within 7 days. You can find out what the status is by checking your account page.
To edit or delete your post, you can unpublish it, which removes it permanently from the website (it will still appear on your account page, though.) Then submit a new post if you wish.
NOTE: Reviews and Parent Q&A postings cannot be unpublished once they have been approved by a moderator. If you need to unpublish one of these posts, please contact us.
How to unpublish your post:
- Go to your account page (click 'my account' in the upper right corner on our website when you are logged in).
- Scroll down to "My Posts" and click the Title of the post you want to unpublish.
- Click the "Unpublish" tab.
Now you can submit a new post if you like.
Please contact us if you need to edit a post that cannot be unpublished.