Help for a defiant 9 year old

hello, I’m looking for recommendations for a therapist for my nine year old son. I’m a single mom with little to no involvement from my son’s father. My son had recently entered a very challenging phase of attitude and defiance and I’m looking for a therapist who can help my son navigate his anger and help me with some new tools to support him. Hoping to find someone in Albany, Kensington, Berkeley area. Thank you!

Parent Replies

New responses are no longer being accepted.

It sounds like your focus is a solution for your child's anger, and if you’re open to a child behavior expert/counselor who is not a psychotherapist, I highly recommendRebecah Freeling. We were introduced to Rebecah through Kaiser are very pleased with our results. She gave us problem-solving tools to support our son’s emotional stability and everyone in our family learned tools to compromise and work as a team. Rebecah’s email is witsendparenting [at] Good luck!