Seeking Therapist to Help my Angry Son (age 22)

Seeking a therapist to help my son, as I have not found one at Kaiser that he’s comfortable with.  Recently he has been showing angry outbursts that alarm me, He is on medication through Kaiser and is good to his grandparents, has a part time job and is in school, but at times his thinking is way off and that gets him into trouble. He recently lost three friends because of his behavior. He needs guidance and I’m hoping I can find someone soon, as I’m very worried. 

Parent Replies

New responses are no longer being accepted.

I’m sorry. Maybe you can ask his kaiser psychiatrist if he has one, for a referral outside of kaiser.  I know the wright institute in Berkeley has various mental health clinics staffed mostly by graduate students but with supervision. So I think it may be more affordable than private.