Practitioner for child with candida?

My 10 year old has been suffering from a skin rash that has resisted a host of treatments for more than a year.  I've only recently come to think that it may be candida overgrowth and is related to other more minor skin conditions that come and go.  I am looking for a practitioner with some experience diagnosing and treating candida, especially in kids.

Parent Replies

New responses are no longer being accepted.

You didn't say what kinds of practitioners you've seen or what treatments you've tried, but speaking as someone who has sensitive skin and a history of all kinds of rashes, I recommend seeing a dermatologist. If you've already seen a dermatologist, get a second opinion from another dermatologist. Just anecdotally, candida is what causes thrush and vaginal yeast infections, and I don't think it's too common as a rash on the skin other than diaper rashes, but if that's what your daughter has, a dermatologist should be able to test for that.