Caterpillar Kids DaycareCommunity Subscriber
To see Department of Social Services records on this facility, click on its DSS Facility License # below.
Daycare Service West Berkeley full time part time and drop in
Caterpillar Kids Daycare LLC
5 months to 5 years
* CPR, First Aid & Preventative Health
Nutritional Meals and Snacks, Daily Learning, Daily Report, Potty Training, Safe Environment, Family Setting
We also accept child subsidy from the County of Alameda childcare referral office
I can make a long review, but in fact the best way is to look at my son's face, Ethan. He is so happy with Elaine and Calvin!
We started mid-April, not knowing very well how Ethan was gonna respond; I'm a first-time mom, no family around and my baby is so sensitive... But I was really overwhelmed, that we needed help. My husband and I visited them to get info, see the place... and that afternoon was just so natural, Ethan was surprisingly calmed. They offer a 2 weeks trial, so we decided to try, more like a drop off style... Result?? He started may going 3 days a week, full day. They save my mental health big time. Leaving my little baby (turning 4months this may!) required absolutely zero adaptation time. They are so sweet with Ethan, and he pays back with huge smiles and chuckles. When we pick him up, he is happy and content, nearly sad of leaving! We always get a little report on how he felt, what he did... From our side, we can just "forget" and focus on our job, because it feels like leaving him with family. I trust them 100%, and I also feel that they are on my side as a mom, supporting me. It has been a blessing.
Other topics that I can talk about...
1) Elaine and Calvin are so accommodating and understanding. Communication is great. They get to meet your little one, and even offer advice, telling what works for them. In my case, sleeping is a hard one for Ethan, so we are all cooperating to help him in this department. They think on every detail... I got my first mother's day gift! It was just adorable (Thank you!)
2) They send pictures and videos, you can (video)call. It's great to see my baby having so much fun or resting so peacefully, so I can keep working without worrying.
3) The place is absolutely new, and looks awesome. They put so much love and interest on their daycare, to have happy kids enjoying their days.
3) They will follow the kind of education you prefer. For example, we are starting to introduce sign language to Ethan. But they will follow the kind of education/schedule you want for your child.
4) It's not a huge school, not massive... so from the perspective of children getting sick is better. It is also more family-style, helps creating my child's confidence, and it's more personal.
5) It's a nice location, safe and quiet. There's a park close by where they go twice a day. Very convenient for UCBerkeley parents, like us.
6) Competitive price.
Parents, Sign in to post a review on this page.