TeamUp believes that team sports offer a powerful platform to teach social, emotional, and cognitive skills. TeamUp Coaches use soccer, baseball, basketball, football and other sports to engage with youth and families in the process of healing or self improvement.
TeamUp offers services at schools, community facilities and even in-home if space is conducive to sports activities.
As Youth and Families progress through TeamUP services they will:
- Build sport related skills and competencies
- Develop positive emotional connections with youth, adults, and family members
- Hone teamwork skills (cooperation and empathy)
- Learn cognitive skills that will help them succeed outside of the sports environment (goal setting, time management, and decision making)
- Improve self-esteem
- Most importantly, have fun!