Special Education Consultant or Lawyer for high schooler's IEP

My son has an IEP and is making the transition to high school.  He attends public school in the east bay. We just had a very difficult triennial IEP and I would like to find an educational consultant who can help us find agreement with the district but who will also, frankly, help us get what we want, which is what our son needs. 

I would appreciate any recommendations or pointers. 

Parent Replies

New responses are no longer being accepted.

  Our family can highly recommend Deborah Bloom educational consultant / advocate  in San Ramon.  She is highly regarded with a depth of  experience.  Her work with us and BUSD was instrumental in our child's receipt of FAPE and well being today.  She has a website to check out and give an informational call to:

+1 (925) 820-5480

Call DREDF - For their recommendation on how best to proceed. They will provide free counsel. They also have workshops 
3075 Adeline Street,
Suite 210
Berkeley, CA 94703
510.644.2555 v

Deborah Jacobsen is an education lawyer who  has helped many families and their children.  She will be part of the upcoming DREDF workshop on Solving School Disputes 3/18. 

Best wishes to you.