Looking for Earthquake Proofer for the Inside of House

Can anyone recommend someone who specializes in interior earthquake proofing (bolting furniture to walls, etc.)? I'm not confident enough that my skills are adequate, especially since we don't seems to have studs in some of our interior walls. Thanks!

Parent Replies

New responses are no longer being accepted.

Any handyman can do this for although it really is a simple job. I can also guarantee that your interior walls have studs (typically at 16" on center) although they might be very difficult to find especially if you have lath and plaster walls which is common in older homes..Outside of drilling a series of 'exploratory' holes to find the studs you can use toggle bolts. They are easy to install and have decent strength.