East Bay Mandarin Immersion elementary options
I'm exploring Mandarin immersion elementary schools for my son for kindergarten in the fall and would love to hear about parents' experiences and opinions on the differences between Yu Ming, Shu Ren, and the West County school. I've done virtual visits, but it's hard to get a real sense for the school culture without seeing it in person. A few areas I'm curious about:
- Different level of resources available given private / charter / public funding models?
- Any thoughts on the differences between the 90/10 immersion model and 50/50 in terms of both Chinese and English proficiency?
- General attitudes about learning? I'm new to the "inquiry-based" model vs. the traditional classroom setting that I grew up in
- Differences versus a neighborhood school since students are coming from across the region
- After school programs
- Anything that you wish you knew about the schools before you enrolled?
Hopeful Mandarin immersion parent