Divorce attorney needed to protect children from alcoholic dad

I live in Contra Costa County and seeking a family law Divorce attorney who has experience with: Domestic Violence, Alcoholism, Child Protection.  My husband is an alcoholic policeman (access to a gun) who is also suicidal and has anger issues.  He expressed interest in committing suicide twice this year via a gun and a noose while he was drunk. He's depressed, possibly mentally ill and could be dangerous while under the influence.  I refuse for myself and my girls (8 & 10 yrs.old)  to live amongst this chaos any longer and am preparing to divorce him, carefully.  I suspect when he finds out, he will hit rock bottom with his addiction to alcohol, thus losing his job and we may even need to go to a shelter for safety.   If anyone out there knows of an attorney that has experience in these types of cases, I would be forever grateful for your referral.   I need to protect my girls, Thank you.

Parent Replies

New responses are no longer being accepted.

If you haven't already been in touch with them, please get in touch with STAND!  They can recommend a lawyer for you.  They also have a "one-stop shop" set up (I think it's somewhere in Concord?) where you can get a lawyer, find a shelter, apply for a restraining order, etc., all at once.  Their number is 1-888-215-5555.  I have worked with them many times over the years and they are a great organization.