Disneyland tips please!
This will be our first trip to Disneyland. We're debating whether to go during the Labor Day weekend or Columbus Day weekend. I booked the hotel rooms (HoJo) for both holiday weekends so we can have a bit more time to plan. I just need to cancel the rooms 3 days before the date.
I have spent a lot of time online reading tips and feel so overwhelemed. All the tips say AVOID going to Disneyland on holidays and weekends. Well... if you have kids, that's when you can go. Unless, you pull them out of school.
1) Do people really pull kids out of school to go to Disneyland on weekdays? If yes, what do you tell the school/teacher? I can't imagine OUSD will be just ok with parents pulling kids out to go on vacation? If you have done this, do you do Wed or Thur. through Sunday?
2) Is the crowd really so horrible on weekends and especially 3 day weekend? Will we be miserable with 6 and 7 year old kids if we do go during the holiday weekend?
3) Fireworks -- This is something we really want to increase our chance of seeing. As of today, I can't tell when the fireworks are in October. Does Disneyland have fireworks every weekend in Sept and October?
4) Please do not judge us. Due to medical issues, it would be difficult to get to the park early as ALL of the articles and advice seem to recommend. So... are we doomed to have a subpar experience because we can't get to the park when it first opens? We do plan to get a multi-day park pass and max pass but it sounds like there are many rides that aren't in the max pass system and the fast passes run out early in the morning?
5) Disneyland hotel worth it? (Note that we cannot take advantage of the magic hour.)
6) Howard Johnson to Disneyland -- It says 7 - 10 min. walk. I have a sneaking suspision that kids will refuse to walk at the end of the day. Are there shuttles, buses or Uber/Lyft option even if the ride is only for .3 miles?
If there are must-share tips for first time Disneyland trips, we'd love to hear.