Hard-working daughter getting her worst grade ever in math at BHS
SUPER frustrated. Watched my daughter work hard for a semester using all resources offered to get the worst grade of her schooling. Was in communication with the instructor, who kept saying she was improving. Now we are also getting an outside tutor. A few questions:
1. If she doesn't get a final grade that is passing, is the only option to repeat at Berkeley High? I would really prefer to not to have her do that. Has anyone here had a child make up Math 1?
2. What summer math classes have kids taken and liked or benefited from? I want her to be as well positioned as possible for Math 2.
3. Will a C or D in math in her freshman year ruin her chance of getting into a UC school? If she improves? If she stays the same?
4. I think we have a tutor, but if it doesn't work, do you have suggestions for a tutor?
5. Are there math teachers at BHS who you like? Who are thought to be good?
I see lots of unhappy with BHS math posts. I join the ranks. I now need next steps.