Berkeley “Certificate of Compliance”

My concrete contractor told me that I can get a “certificate of compliance” to do sidewalk repairs and don’t need to go through the whole formal permit application. Has anyone done this? Not sure where to start.

Parent Replies

Parents, want to reply to this question? Sign in to post.

You do in fact need a permit to perform sidewalk repairs in Berkeley. (You are responsible for sidewalk damage in front of your home, even if caused by City-owned trees - gah!). This explains more, including how you can apply to split the cost with the City (they do the work and bill you for half), or hire a contractor yourself & pay for the whole thing