Affordable accountant, 401k questions

I am looking for a recommendation for an affordable accountant or tax preparer to file three years of back taxes for me. They are not terribly complicated — I have minimal income but mainly am a graduate student. However I am in the middle of a divorce and totally overwhelmed so I just want someone to tell me what to do and take care of it. 

I also have some questions about the implications of cashing out a 401k to pay educational expenses this year. Is an accountant the right person to talk to about this? 

Parent Replies

New responses are no longer being accepted.

I highly recommend my CPA, Deborah Fisher of Fisher & Co in Albany/North Berkeley. She has helped me and my husband, along with many other folks I know. She helped us figure out how to save money on income taxes, and she knows all about the tax implications of raiding your 401k early.