!! EXPERT WRITING TUTORING !! — Transformative writing support for 5th-12th graders — Admission essays, homework help, and custom enrichment
College Admissions Advising, College Essay Coaching, Homework Coaching, Organizational & Study Skills, Special Needs & LD Support, History, Humanities, Reading & Comprehension, Writing All Ages, English as a Second Language
Active Voice Seminars provides comprehensive writing tutoring for 5th-12th graders throughout the Bay Area and beyond. We empower young people to own their learning and write with precision, depth, and feeling.
- Our teaching philosophy and testimonials
- Our instructor: David Drabkin is a third-generation educator and credentialed secondary school teacher. David has served as an instructor of literature and composition at The Nueva School, Town School for Boys, Phillips Academy Andover, and San Quentin State Prison. He is an alumnus of Bay Area independent schools (Town School for Boys and Crystal Springs Uplands School) and the recipient of a National Endowment for the Humanities scholarship. David holds a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy from Cornell and a Master of Liberal Arts from Stanford.
- Our specialties:
- Admission essays for high school and college
- Homework help with any writing-related school assignments (English, language arts, humanities, and history)
- Enrichment curriculum that inspires students to take creative risks
- Scheduling and cost: We meet with students online and in person (at our San Francisco office) throughout the calendar year. All tutoring sessions may be scheduled on a recurring or on-demand basis. View our real-time availability here, and please visit our website for pricing information.
East Bay, Lamorinda, Marin, North Bay, Peninsula, San Francisco, South Bay, 680 Corridor
Middle school, High school