2018 Nanny Survey Results: Hours, Shares, and Number of Children
How many total hours per week, on average, does your nanny provide care for your own children?
- 35% more than 40 hrs/wk
- 31% 30-40 hrs/wk
- 18% 20-30 hrs/wk
- 11% 10-20 hrs/wk
5% fewer than 10 hr/wk
Do you share your nanny with another family?
- 45% No, the nanny works only for my family
- 44% Yes, at the same time
- 9% Yes, at different times
1% No, but the nanny brings her own child(ren)
- (if not a nanny share) Do you have more than one child that the nanny cares for?
- 57% No, only 1 child
- 37% Yes, 2 of my children
- 5% Yes, 3 of my children
1% Yes, 4 or more of my children
- (For shares) How many children is the nanny usually caring for at once (including her own child if applicable)?
- 94% = 2 children
- 2% = 3 children
4% = 4 or more children