Total BPN subscribers: 34,668 (as of December 12, 2019)
Parent subscribers: 30,109
- Schools, Preschools, Camps, Classes, Daycares: 515
- Tutors & Teachers: 254
- Nonprofits & Civic Organizations: 365
- Businesses & Private Practices: 149
- Nannies & Sitters: 412
- Student Sitters & Tutors: 201
Currently around 140 new subscribers sign up each week.
Here is a summary:
- 80% of subscribers live in East Bay cities, 20% in other cities in the greater Bay Area, from Sonoma to South Bay, from San Francisco to 680 Corridor.
- 78% of subscribers are mothers, and 22% are fathers.
- 15% of subscribers are parents of teens, pre-teens, and young adults.
- All ages of children are represented, from parents-to-be to parents of young adults.
New subscribers typically have babies and young children or are expecting their first child.
Below is a snapshot taken on October 31, 2017 of active postings on the BPN website from parents and community subscribers. Posts typically expire 30 days after they are posted, so this represents just the ones that haven't expired yet. Announcements, events and tutor posts are public on the website; all other posts can only be viewed by subscribers :
- 113 Announcements (services, schools, classes, etc. posted by community subscribers)
- 120 Events (family friendly events, school admissions events)
- 213 Marketplace posts (for sale, free, wanted)
- 124 Nannies Available posts (includes parents' referrals)
- 126 Parents Seeking Childcare posts
- 371 Parent Q&A posts: (108 requests for advice + 263 responses)
- 110 Tutors & Teachers Available posts
= 1,177 total active posts
Posts are summarized in weekly newsletters that are emailed to subscribers:
- Announcements (see "Top 5 Clicks 2017")
- Parent Q&A
Parents of Teens
Mailchimp open rate: 25% average (compare to 15% Mailchimp average for "Social Networks and Online Communities")
Website Access from google analytics (2018)
- 250,000 avg. visits per month
- 85% USA, of which 59% is California
- Top 10 California cities, in order: San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Richmond, LA, San Jose, Sacramento, Walnut Creek, San Diego, Alameda
Website Content (as of October 2017):
- 4,893 Archived Advice & Reviews pages (each page is an individual topic such as "Teen Acne" with multiple requests & responses)
- 794 Daycare & Preschool profile pages (mostly daycares in the East Bay)
- 280 School profile pages (public and private K-12 schools)
- 504 Classes/Camps/Groups profile pages
- 1,053 Business & Organization profile pages
- 129 Documentation and FAQs
= 7,653 total pages