Student Parent Policies

Archived Q&A and Reviews

Back to: Campus-Related Advice
  • Advice about Being a Student Parent
  • Student Parent Project website
  • Health Insurance for Student Familes

  • Graduate Student Policy \tSept 1998 Announcement in the Daily Cal
  • EECS Grad Student Parents Policy
  • How to Apply for Parental Leave normative time extension

    How to Apply for Parental Leave

    From: Melanie (9/98)

    while I haven't tried to get a normative time extension on the new grounds (parenthood), I have succeeded in a different appeal. What I recommend is calling Grad Division Degrees (642-7330) first. You can ask for instructions and at the same time talk with the staff person who handles your case -- a good person to know. She will tellyou to write a letter to Associate Dean Mary Ann Mason, Palatino Degrees Unit, Graduate Division Times Palatino 302 Sproul Hall, making your case for an extension. good luck!