String players: Fiddler's neck

To violinists and violists and their friends out there: Can you recommend a doctor who knows about Fiddler's neck (aka "violin hickey", or, my favorite name, "V-spot")? Mine has started bleeding a bit and has been getting larger, so I have made an appointment to have it looked at by a dermatologist, but I would be very interested in finding a doctor who knows that Fiddler's neck is generally harmless, and that having a palpable mass there is quite common.   My primary care physician said I should have it looked at asap, so I just snagged an appointment with a dermatologist randomly picked from my insurance's website, but would love to find someone who understands what is normal, and what practicing means to a musician. 

Parent Replies

Parents, want to reply to this question? Sign in to post.