Seeking current comments on AUSD experience, esp. elementary
I will have two children eligible for the Albany schools in the next few years and I'm trying to get a sense of the current experience of parents and students at AUSD.
I've read most of the existing posts on AUSD, but there is not much post-COVID and I've heard that things have changed since then but don't really know what that means.
I would really appreciate if anyone has input on any of the following:
- How do you find the general quality of instruction at Albany schools?
- What is the average student-teacher ratio (I heard it increased after COVID)?
- How is teacher morale?
- Any thoughts about how the different elementary schools compare post-pandemic and post renovations?
- How do aftercare programs compare for elementary?
- Do kids at OceanView have trouble keeping friend groups with more turnover?
- People tell me that now inter-district transfer is a possibility. I'd like to stay in Albany but I've heard numerous people state that Berkeley is better for enrichment activities, diversity and other factors. I want to make sure I'm doing my due diligence - has anyone experienced both districts recently and have an opinion about whether it'd be significantly worth it to transfer?
Thanks so much for any input you can share!