Psychiatrist or therapist for young adult drinker

I'm looking for a therapist/psychiatrist/psychologist for my young adult son who is likely an alcoholic. Son agrees that he is an alcoholic, is willing to see someone, but does not want to give up drinking. I think a professional who could help him identify why he has the need to drink, why he can't stop, etc, would be helpful. Possibly anti-depressants are in order as well. It would be terrific if the recommended person was in Oakland or Berkeley, or very accessible on BART (since we've had to take away the car keys). Thanks, BPN!

Parent Replies

Parents, want to reply to this question? Sign in to post.