Petition For AA Degree from BCC

My daughter is finishing up her General Ed course work at BCC and wants to petition for her AA degree before she transfers to a 4 year university. She sought advice from a BCC counselor during their drop-in hours, and was told that the petition paperwork needs to be submitted to the university she gets accepted to and not BCC. This advice seems very wrong to us. The information on the BCC website outlines the steps for petitioning, and obtaining a counselor's signature on a form is required. Does anyone have experience with this? Also, she has not be able to obtain a regular appointment with a counselor for a few weeks, and thought the drop-in would be a good alternative. 

Parent Replies

Parents, want to reply to this question? Sign in to post.