Tutors, teachers, college advisors and others have the option to subscribe as either a business or an individual, as explained below.
- Should I subscribe as an Individual or a Business?
- Comparison of Individual vs. business
- How to upgrade from an individual subscription to a business subscription
- See Also: More about Tutors ... More about Businesses
- Individual subscriptions are intended for private individuals who aren't running a business. Typically they teach or tutor in the student's home, not in an office, and they don't have a business name or a website. More information: FAQ for Tutors & Teachers
Examples: Piano teachers that teach in the student's home, part-time tutors, and college student tutors
- Business subscriptions are for private practices and businesses that want to publicize their services on BPN, not only by posting a message to BPN's Tutor & Teacher listing, but also by posting regular announcements, having a profile page on BPN where parents can post reviews, and being included in the Advice & Reviews Archive on our website. More information: FAQ for Businesses & Organizations
Examples: College admissions advisors, music businesses that teach multiple instruments, tutor businesses
Example: College Advisors -- tutor vs. business subscribers:
- Individual: $35 for one year
- Business: $250 for one year
Tutors & teachers can submit one post to the Tutors & Teachers listing. This listing is public on the BPN website, and your post remains in the listing for the duration of your subscription. The weekly Announcements newsletter contains a link to the Tutors & Teachers listing, but does not list individual posts.
In addition to posting in the Tutors & Teachers listing, businesses can also post Announcements and Events. If you offer different types of services, such as one-on-one tutoring as well as workshops for multiple students, you can submit more than one active post in a 30-day period. These posts are public on the BPN website for 30 days, or until the event date has passed, if earlier. New posts received during the past week are included in the weekly Announcements newsletter which is mailed to all subscribers. You have the option to also include your post in the weekly Parents of Teens newsletter.
Profile Page: (view an example of a profile page)
Individual: No profile page.
- Business: You have a profile page on BPN's website that you can edit and add information to, such as a blurb about your services and a link to your own website. Your profile page includes parents' reviews of you and links to your current posts. Profile pages appear in the Advice & Reviews Archive on the BPN website such as "College Advisors" (see example.) View more information about profile pages.
Parents' Reviews of You: (view examples)
- Individual: Parents can recommend you in Parent Q&A in response to a question from another parent, and the responses will be published on the BPN website. These reviews are included on a general page such as "Math Tutors."
- Business: Parents can post "unsolicited" reviews directly to your profile page and also recommend you in Parent Q&A. New reviews of you from Parent Q&A are linked to on your profile page. Any reviews of you posted on the old website 1996-2015 will also be archived to your profile page.
If you have never subscribed to BPN, you can subscribe at https://www.berkeleyparentsnetwork.org/subscribe
If you are currently subscribed as a parent, login to your BPN account and go to https://www.berkeleyparentsnetwork.org/subscribe and choose the Business subscription.
If you are already subscribed as an individual:
- Login in to your Paypal account first, and cancel your yearly recurring payment to BPN so you will not be charged again for the individual subscription. Details about how to do that are HERE.
- Login to your BPN account.
- Go to https://www.berkeleyparentsnetwork.org/subscribe and choose the Business subscription.