Safe Passages: Elev8 Youth AmeriCorps Academic Intervention Specialist
Safe Passages is recruiting AmeriCorps Academic Intervention Specialists for the 2020-2021 school year. The ELEV8 Youth Program is a special project of Safe Passages, a non-profit organization committed to advocating for children, youth, and families with a special emphasis on vulnerable populations within the County of Alameda. AmeriCorps Members provide academic intervention services to a cohort of 5-10 underperforming youth, with the goal of raising student achievement by a minimum of one full functional grade level. Members are placed at one of 12 schools in Oakland, CA or Union City, CA.
ELEV8 Service Commitment/Member Benefits
- Part-time and full-time positions available Monday-Friday between 8:00am– 6:00pm
- Living Allowance Stipend
- Post-Service Education Award
- Cal-Fresh Eligibility
- Gain experience in a school environment, CPR/First Aid, Social-Emotional Support for youth, student management techniques & more!
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident
- Ability to commit to a year of service. (August 2020 – July 2021)
- High school diploma required, but college coursework or degree preferred
A special project of Safe Passages, ELEV8 Youth Program is administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by Corporation for National and Community Service.