Marcilie Smith Boyle's Working Parenting: Positive Discipline for Preschoolers - in SF
Peaceful Parents, Cooperative Kids: from conflict and chaos to cooperation and calm in 6 weeks
This Parenting with Positive Discipline workshop series will help you show up as the parent you want to be, and create a home where respectful cooperation is the norm. Here's just some of what you're learn:
- Alternatives to rewards and punishments that both work and teach long term life skills
- My favorite 3-step ritual to stay cool, calm, and curious in the face of really irritating behavior
- 2 things every child needs for intrinsically motivated cooperation
- Tips for getting out the door / getting to bed quickly and peacefully
- Simple, tangible, and effective Positive Discipline tools to reduce defiance, tantrums, back talk and other challenging behaviors
- What’s developmentally normal, albeit possibly irritating behavior for your preschooler
- The one principle that matters most in helping your children to become responsible, respectful, resourceful, and happy adults (and how to put that principle into practice every day.)
- NOTE: content for this SF class is focused on parenting preschoolers aged 2 – 6, however most of the content is relevant for elementary school-aged children as well.
Past participants give this class 4.75 / 5 star rating.
WHEN: 6 Tuesday evenings starting March 17, 2020 from 7:00 - 9:00pm (skips April 7 and ends April 28)
WHERE: Mission Montessori, 50 Fell Street, San Francisco, CA
“Marcilie is an incredibly skilled facilitator who will help give you the tools to implement the positive discipline parenting approach. I had read about it before and tried to parent that way but found myself floundering and bouncing back and forth between being permissive and frankly, angry, that my kids were walking all over me. This class gave me so many tools to improve my relationships with my children and I think it will have a long-term impact on my parenting. I know I will continually consult the resources she provided (my binder is like a bible now!)”
– Chiara Garonzik, Mother of 2 children, Los Gatos, CA
"You can't put a price tag on being a better parent and having a happier home. Marcilie is an incredibly skilled facilitator and I'm so thankful to her for everything she taught me! Everything I learned I can implement immediately"
- Kate Cuingan, Mother of 2 children, San Francisco, CA