Kaze to Hana Daycare: Toddler/Preschooler teacher at the Japanese daycare
Our daycare opened in December 2020 as a small family Japanese daycare.
Our mission has three concepts we believe are foundational to a child’s development: Nature, Life, and Play.
I'm looking for an experienced infant/toddler teacher to join our team from December 2021 or next year.
Location: Oakland, near Emeryville
Schedule: around 16 to 20 hour work week with hours from 8:45 AM to 1:00 PM.
Require: The ideal candidate should have experience as a preschool teacher, infant teacher, toddler teacher, or work for over one year in early childhood development (6 to 12 ECE units required). COVID vaccinated.
Those who can speak simple Japanese and can cook simple meals.
Over $21 per hour
- Minimum of one year of successful child-car
- 6 to12 ECE units
- Basic communication skills in Japanese and English
- Experience for children under 4 years of age
- Interpersonal skills
- High school or equivalent graduated
1. Environment and Facility
- Help to provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- Arrange and create the classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
- Help to maintain all materials and supplies and coordinate necessary items
- Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
2. Supervision and Care
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Help to establish routines and provide positive guidance for children
- Implement positive discipline for children when required
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
- Help serving lunches
- Provide toilet training for children
- Provide opportunities for sleep and rest time for children
3. Communication and Reports
- Keep Incident Reports when witnessing an incident and report it to the Class Lead Teacher
- Keep open communication with other members of staff
- Inform Class Lead Teacher of any child’s developmental issue
- Keep the Educational Director informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children
We can talk via zoom! feel free to contact me