Jobs: Part-time Intake Coordinator at Alameda Bar Assoc.
Intake Coordinator – Bilingual Spanish/English – Part-Time, Flexible Hours
Alameda County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, Oakland
The Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) is a public service program of the Alameda County Bar Association that is dedicated to providing access to quality legal help for Alameda County residents. The Intake Coordinator is a part time non-exempt position that is the primary point of contact between clients seeking attorney services and the attorneys offering legal services. The position will focus (although not exclusively) on Spanish-speaking callers. The position is 20 hours per week at $20/hour (depending on experience), and is a casual hourly position to start. After 6 months, the position has the potential to become a permanent part-time position. Scheduling is flexible and subject to negotiation. The LRS Program receives more than 17,000 calls and emails per year from the public requesting legal assistance. The Intake Coordinator fields a high volume of telephone calls from the public, conducting intakes, and providing information about other legal services agencies. This position also assists Legal Access (the non-profit organization which provides free legal aid) by scheduling clients in legal clinics and conducting client intakes.
- Handle high call volume and communicate effectively with a diverse client population in a professional, positive, and patient manner.
- Work both independently and exercise good judgment as well as be a part of a highly diverse team on complex tasks under high pressure.
- Bilingual English & Spanish.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Strong commitment to public service and access to justice.
- Experience with diverse, low-income populations.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and call center experience.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Answer incoming client calls and respond to online referral requests.
- Analyze caller requests for referral to an LRS attorney member or provide information for appropriate governmental, social service, or legal services agency when referral through LRS is unsuccessful.
- Process client requests for attorney services by eliciting information from callers about their referral situation and enter this information into a tracking database for subsequent referral and follow up.
- Conduct intake screening for financial eligibility for LRS based reduced-fee or VLSC pro bono services when appropriate.
- Assist with monthly VLSC clinic registration.
- Contact attorney’s offices to place the referable cases, providing all relevant facts, dates and court information.
- Send confirmation documentation to callers and referred attorneys, confirming receipt where appropriate.
- Input successful referral information for tracking and follow up purposes.
- Assist with the audit of panel members for compliance in fee reporting, including researching cases filed with the court, following up with placed referrals, and processing customer satisfaction surveys.
- Other general office and administrative tasks as assigned.
How to apply
Please email to LRS Director Rachel Shigekane rachel [at] acbanet.org, the following: · a cover letter explaining how your experience and career goals meet the job criteria described above, and · a current resume