Every Child Berkeley: HEAD TEACHER - NOW HIRING
Every Child is looking for a preschool teacher for our toddler class (18 to 36 months) in an inclusive and Reggio Emilia inspired demonstration preschool program.
The right candidate for the position:
- shows a deep love for children, expressed through developmental understanding and desire to advocate for their growth;
- has conducted deep studies on child development. He/She has knowledge, or desire to learn, about special education, and to become a certified Instructional Assistant expert in the implementation of the Group-Early Start Denver Model (G-ESDM).
- has deep knowledge with the Reggio Emilia philosophy or with other early educational model.
- is creative, inspired by nature, and is passionate for creating original and challenging activities for the children;
- understands the concept of the classroom as a third teacher, and is able to create and to model the environment accordingly to the school vision and children's needs;
- is flexible and able to work in a cooperative environment;
- is dynamic, autonomous, and highly reliable;
- has sense of humor and positive attitude towards others.
Bachelor’s of Arts or Bachelor’s of Science in Education or Special Education is highly preferred. Two or more years experience working with children 2 to 5 years in a licensed child care center. One or more year working with children with disabilities. While acting also on behalf EVERY CHILD on-for profit, the successful candidate must demonstrate an active commitment to the work of inclusion.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
Covid-19 Protocol in place
All staff is required to wear a protective mask, adopt safe attitude during the Covid-19 emergency and periodically provide with a covid-19 negative test result.