Evergreen Counseling: Therapist For AAPI Teens/Young Adults - Evening Hours
If Your Teen/Young Adult Child Is Experiencing:
- Anxiety, sadness, stress, low self-esteem, loss of sense of self;
- Micro-aggressions and discrimination, fueled by ’model minority myth,’ ‘perceptual foreigner’ stereotype, and xenophobia;
- Weight of intergenerational trauma and relational patterns from their family of origin;
- Difficulty in navigating an individualistic society while raised in a culture that values collectivism;
- The hardship of cultural assimilation and challenges in cultural identity;
- Loneliness and isolation, fueled by shame or guilt in embracing and expressing their inner experiences;
- Overwhelming external or internal expectations and pressure “to be enough.”
And Your Teen/Young Adult Child Wants:
- A non-judgmental, safe space to experience, process, and navigate life’s past and present moments;
- To be seen, heard, and understood by someone with shared life experiences;
- Support in finding their authentic self, values, and beliefs with compassion and kindness;
- To tend to their mental health and emotional well-being – taking a brave stand against stigma and taboo;
- To work with a therapist who will provide culturally sensitive therapy, with interest and respect for their unique culture and experiences;
There's a wonderful option available to support your teen/young adult child.
Clare Chi, AMFT is a Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (#120891) under the supervision of Jonathan Wolfum, LMFT (#102291) at Evergreen Counseling.
She specializes in working with AAPI adolescents and young adults dealing with issues related to anxiety & stress, relational Issues, self-esteem, life transitions, grief & loss, substance abuse and Clare has a particular interest in working with young adults who identify as AAPI, POC or first-generation, and those navigating their sense of self and identity.
Clare currently has openings for a handful of adolescent and young adult clients who would like this specialized, culturally competent support. You can learn more about her current openings and fees here as well as book a complimentary consult call with her here and/or a full first session directly here.
** Please note: this copy is written directly by Clare and is posted with her permission to help attract her ideal clients to her therapy practice. **