Daniele Svingos, LCSW: Sexual Trauma Recovery For Women and Teen Girls
Right now, as a result of your unresolved sexual trauma, you may be experiencing…
- A disconnect from your body.
- An inability to find sex pleasurable today.
- Avoidance of any reminder or trigger of your past traumatic experiences.
- Shame, guilt, and a sense of disgust for yourself and your body.
- Loneliness and isolation, feeling like you can’t talk to anyone about what you’ve been through.
You’re realizing that your sexual trauma is unresolved and it’s getting in the way of your life…
- You feel the double bind of wanting to be sexually close to your current partner but also extremely triggered when you try to do so.
- Your avoidance of sex is causing you to avoid relationships and maybe even postpone your timeline of having children.
- You have intrusive thoughts which dysregulate you and distract you from whatever you’re trying to focus on.
- Your disconnect from your body is shutting you off from being able to experience the non-sexual pleasure of any form.
- Your romantic relationship is suffering and may be on the verge of ending.
- Is there any way to resolve my sexual trauma without talking about the details?
- Is this content going to be too much for my therapist to hear?
- Will I ever be able to feel anything in my body?
- I want to get better but I don’t want to face what happened. How can I move forward?
You’re longing for…
- The ability to feel embodied and connected to your body.
- Strong boundaries and the ability to clearly communicate your no’s and yes’s around sex to your partner.
- Sex to feel easier; not fraught like a battlefield.
- The ability to move through your days and evenings without flashbacks and intrusions about what happened to you.
- The ability to trust, like, and appreciate your body again.
What you’re longing for is possible. And I would love to be of support to you.
I'm a senior trauma therapist who has been practicing since 1997. I have a personal and professional passion and soft spot for supporting women and teen girls who have, very tragically, experienced sexual abuse, sexual assault or sexual coercion in their lifetimes. I utilize evidence-based trauma treatment modalities to help you resolve the symptoms from your sexual trauma so that the past is no longer present and while the even is still part of your story, it is not the dominant part of your story, nor is it your identity.
If there is absolutely any way I can be of support to you or a woman or girl you love and care about, I would be truly honored.
And please believe me when I say: while traumatic events in this lifetime may be unavoidable, healing the trauma so that it no longer runs and rules you is infinitely possible.
If any part of this message resonated with you, I hope that you'll reach out to me.