The Coder School Berkeley: Safer at Home Online Coding Camps thru mid-July
The Coder School Berkeley will be holding Safer at Home Online Summer Camps currently planned through Friday, July 17. These camps will run from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm Mon-Fri with a 1-hour lunch break at home from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Our Online Summer Camps will use Zoom and will be a mixture of working on a week-long coding project, coding challenges, Kahoot! quizzes, tech talks, small group collaboration with breakout rooms, interactive games, exercise and screen-free breaks and of course, the chance for campers to present their projects to their fellow campers on the last day of camp! Campers will be required to have the following minimum technology available at home:
- Windows PC, Apple/Mac, or Chromebook (or similar) computer
- Internet connection of at least 5-10 Mbps (most homes support at least this speed)
- Microphone/Speakers - Many computers have a built-in microphone/speakers that should work
- A video/web camera connected to your computer allows us to see your child and coach them better based on their reactions
We piloted three weeks of Online Camps during Spring Break and received rave reviews from families.
- "I could not be happier. The instructors did a great job of encouraging the kids to make progress on their projects. It seemed to be a supportive environment where the kids celebrated one another’s projects. It was very de-isolating in this period of isolation."
- "I just wanted to let you know that The Coder School Spring Break camp was great. My child had a fantastic time, and I was very impressed with your ability to keep the kids engaged, give them close feedback through the use of breakout rooms, and provide balance throughout the day with breaks and encouragement to be physical."
We will continue to evaluate the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds and may convert future weeks of camp into our Online Camp format. We'll be limiting each session to only 12 students with instruction by 3 coaches to ensure a great online experience for all. Online Coding Camps cost either $425 or $475 per week.