The Coder School Berkeley: In-Person Coding Summer Camps Still Available
The Coder School Berkeley still has availability in our in-person and online summer camps over the new few weeks! Don't miss your opportunity to enroll in our highly-rated summer coding camps. This summer, turn that Screen Time into Coding Time!
In-Person Summer camps are held at The Coder School Berkeley from 9 am to 3 pm Mon-Fri. Kids bring their own lunches and water bottles and we'll take care of the rest! Kids code throughout the week and then demo their week's creations on the last day of camp. Our In-Person camps will require all students, coaches and staff to wear face coverings and our facility will be organized for campers to maintain adequate physical distance between campers and coaches.
Online Summer Camps will use Zoom and will run from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm with a 1 hour lunch break from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Our Online Camps will be a mixture of working on a week-long coding project, coding challenges, Kahoot! quizzes, tech talks, small group collaboration with breakout rooms, interactive games, screen-free breaks and of course, the chance to present their project to their fellow campers on the last day of camp!
Week of July 19 to July 23
- Mobile Madness (Ages 10+): This camp introduces kids to the world of mobile app development by coding mobile apps loaded on an Android-based mobile phone. Each student will receive a basic Android phone that they can keep.
Week of July 26 to July 30
- Girls Are Awesome (Ages 8-10): We re-invent our Games Are Awesome camp, but for girls only this week! Girls will use Scratch to explore coding in a fun, supportive & friendly environment. Aimed at newbie and novice coders.
- Control Freak (Ages 10-12): Controlling stuff can be serious fun! Get an introduction to micro-controllers and learn to code LED lights, sensors, buttons, motors and more!
- Python Startup Online (Ages 10+): We don't have a pet snake for our schools, so we'll settle for introducing you to Python, one of the most popular coding languages today. Start slowly or code fast, no Python experience necessary!
Week of August 2 to August 6
- Java Camp (Ages 13+): Ready to take on an AP level course? Our Java camp is a little different than our other camps in that it’s focused on following a curriculum to help students get a head start on the AP Computer Science A course.
Week of August 9 to August 13