The Coder School Berkeley: Early Bird Discount on 2021 Summer Camps
We are pleased to present our 2021 Summer Camp Schedule. This summer we will be holding both in-person and online summer camps as our community continues to face the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic and will operate our in-person camps according to all City of Berkeley's health guidelines.
Our In-Person Summer camps are held at The Coder School Berkeley from 9 am to 3 pm Mon-Fri and will be limited to 6 campers with 1 coach per camp. Kids bring their own lunches and water bottles and we'll take care of the rest! Kids code throughout the week and then demo their week's creations on the last day of camp. Our In-Person camps will require all students, coaches and staff to wear face coverings and our facility will be organized for campers to maintain 6 feet of physical distance between campers and coaches.
Our Online Summer Camps will use Zoom and will run from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm with a 1 hour lunch break from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Our Online Camps will be a mixture of working on a week-long coding project, coding challenges, Kahoot! quizzes, tech talks, small group collaboration with breakout rooms, interactive games, exercise and screen-free breaks and of course, the chance to present their project to their fellow campers on the last day of camp!
For a limited time (through January 31, 2021), we are offering our early-bird discount of $100 off in-person camps or $50 off online camps. Just use the code EARLY100 (for In-Person Camps) and EARLY50 (for Online Camps) at checkout. Camp registration may be cancelled up to 30 days prior to the first day of the start of camp for a full refund. Cancellations made up to 14 days prior are eligible for a 50% refund.
- Games Are Awesome/Girls Are Awesome (Ages 8-10): We'll be using the cool drag-n-drop language Scratch to create some awesome new and classic games! Aimed at our newbie and novice coders.
- Python Startup (Ages 10+): We don't have a pet snake for our schools, so we'll settle for introducing you to Python, one of the most popular coding languages today. Start slowly or code fast, no Python experience necessary!
- Roblox Remix (Ages 10+): Using the Lua coding language, learn to make real games on the popular Roblox platform. Campers will use their creativity to build their own game that they can publish and allow the world to play! Windows/MacOS computer required.
- Pi Jam (Ages 10+): Jam to the coolest credit card sized gadget, the Raspberry Pi. Explore cool stuff you can do with a tiny computer, which may include controlling physical stuff like light sensors, Python with Minecraft or other fun stuff!
- Mobile Madness (Ages 10+): This camp introduces kids to the world of mobile app development by coding mobile apps loaded on an Android-based mobile phone. Each student will receive a basic Android phone that they can keep.
- Control Freak (Ages 10+): Controlling stuff can be serious fun! Get an introduction to micro-controllers and learn to code LED lights, sensors, buttons, motors and more!
- Rise of the Machines (Ages 10+): Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the hottest buzzwords today, and we're ready to help you tackle it. We'll talk about AI use cases, dive into some fundamental algorithms and create some basic AI apps.