City of El Cerrito Summer Camps: Opportunities for Middle & High Schoolers
This summer the City of El Cerrito Recreation Department has a number of opportunities for middle school, high school, and young adults.
Community Service - Special Projects
- Community Service/Volunteer hours are available on an adhoc basis for projects suitable for middle school - adults. Most projects would take place during the weekday but limited opportunities for weekend projects. Many projects will be available surrounding our annual July 4th festival.
Leaders in Training (LIT) Program
- Designed for the teen who is ready to take on responsibility and learn skills that may help them land that first job. Leaders in Training will spend their time learning vocational skills, job etiquette and child development. They will also get hands on experience assisting with young children throughout their camp day. Teens want to have fun, so they will have time set aside to socialize with each other and celebrate what they’ve accomplished over the two week program – including an end-of-session special event! LIT's will receive a certificate validating their experience. LIT's are required to wear a camp shirt as well as appropriate shorts or pants and athletic shoes.
Junior Lifeguard Camp
- Junior Lifeguard Camp prepares potential lifeguards to meet the prerequisites for the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course. The camp is divided into four one-week sessions with a new topic each week. Campers who successfully complete all four weeks of camp and are 13-14 years old may apply to volunteer alongside our lifeguards and swim instructors for the remainder of the summer season. New this year: join the Aquatics Staff in their weekly training every Friday!
- Prerequisites: Must be comfortable in deep water, able to swim 200 yards nonstop of coordinated freestyle and breaststroke, and tread water for 2 minutes.
GameChangers Competitive Baseball Camp
- Improve your baseball skills and have a great time with GameChangers Baseball. GameChangers is a competitive baseball program focused on helping kids thrive at high school and college levels. Coaches who have played at the college level will provide individual skill development for pitchers, catchers, outfielders and hitting. Camp will help get players ready for moving up to middle school, high school and even college level.
- This camp is for the experienced gymnast. Gymnasts should be able to do a back walk-over to join this camp, which will focus on advanced gymnastics skills on floor, beam, bar and vault. Gymnasts will have fun practicing their skills and working on a performance for friends and family on the last day of camp.
Teen Leadership Program - El Cerrito Camp Ravencliff
- The Teen Program (Counselors in Training and Teens in Leadership Training) is available for campers entering 10th-12th grade. CIT’s and TILT ’s will have the option to select either the first or second session. Depending on availability, there may be slots to stay both weeks. Applications are being accepted now until March. Interviews will take place the last two weeks of March and first week of April with spots being offered by the end of April. Applications are available online: www.el-cerrito.org/eccampravencliff
For a full list of our summer offerings including youth camps and special events, visit us online: www.el-cerrito.org/summercamps
Summer Job Openings available: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/elcerrito