Children's Community Center (CCC): job posting: substitute preschool teacher
JOB POSTING: SUBSTITUTE PRESCHOOL TEACHER
Children's Community Center (CCC) is a parent-teacher cooperative preschool located in North
Berkeley. Operating since 1927, CCC offers a year-round, play-based program run by a
professional teaching staff and managed by parents. CCC thrives on a mutually supportive
community of teachers and families working in partnership with one another. Please visit
www.cccpreschool.org for more information about our program and history.
CCC is looking for energetic, creative substitute teachers to join our team.
● Supervise and engage children during morning and afternoon programs in child-initiated
and organized activities, encouraging peer interaction and helping with problem-solving
and conflict resolution.
● Assist Teacher-Director with the day’s projects and facilitate activities in support of
children’s spontaneity, curiosity, and choice.
● Collaborate with staff and parents to support a well-balanced, rich, and varied learning
environment for children as they grow their capacity for self-expression and social
connection through exploration and play.
● Applicants must have a minimum 6 ECE units plus 2 in progress to be considered.
● Experience working with preschool children necessary.
● Current fingerprint and health clearances required upon hire.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
● Shifts between 8:45 am - 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday
● Substitute teacher rate starts at $21.84 per hour based on qualifications.
Please send resume, cover letter, and materials to:
personnel [at] cccpreschool.org
CCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Facility License # 010200115