Bright Future Early Learning Center: Hiring for Teachers & Substitutes!
Bright Future Early Learning Center (Bright Future), is a non-profit 501c3 organization in Oakland, California, and has established an outstanding reputation for quality child care services for families by providing licensed early care and education. Bright Future offers a nurturing, safe, and stimulating environment where young children begin a lifelong process of learning. Our goal is to nurture their desire to learn through developmentally appropriate play-based activities. We provide opportunities for children to create meaningful experiences by exploring and manipulating materials in the classroom environment. We encourage active participation in an environment designed to provide challenges and successes at each level of development. Our program welcomes the enrollment of typically developing children as well as those with different abilities and special needs.
The Teacher is responsible to provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
The Teacher reports directly to the Lead Teacher, and is a full-time position with benefits. The successful candidate will exemplify Bright Future’s Core Values: Teamwork, Professionalism, and Respect.
Program Development and Delivery:
● Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline
● Provide a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors
● Nurture each child in all aspects of development: social, emotional, cognitive, cultural, and physical
● Participate in creating developmentally appropriate lesson plans, gathering materials for implementation
● Observe and document each child's development with anecdotal notes, photos, and child’s work
● Plan and prepare classroom environment with coworkers
● Engage joyfully and sensitively with children
● Supervise children
● Attend classroom and staff meetings as scheduled
● Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
● Have working knowledge of Title 22 regulations: ratios, supervision of children, health and safety
● Become familiar with the Parent Handbook and its policies
● Interact with parents and family members, maintaining open and cooperative communication, encouraging and welcoming their involvement in the program
Desired Attributes and Skills:
● Perform as a respectful, collaborative, and supportive team member
● Maintain composure to handle difficult situations
● Often required to stand and sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, crawl, twist, turn, push and pull
● Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
● Hear and understand speech at normal room level
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education. This is a non-exempt position.
Please submit a current resume and three references to ariel.llorente [at] brightfutureoakland.org.
Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you!