Bay Language Academy: Hiring Mandarin-Chinese and Japanese instructors
On its 13th year, Bay Language Academy is expanding and therefore seeking aspiring instructors/teachers for position(s) with opening for on-site positions to teach age school students and/or adults :
(1) Chinese-Mandarin instructors ;
(2) Japanese instructors;
(3) Italian instructors;
THE LANGUAGE TEACHER WILL
• Teach a range of levels
• Implement TPRS, songs, art, among others
• Implement a sequence curriculum to include all four pillars of language learning: listening, speaking, reading, writing as well as presentation, and intercultural knowledge
• Facilitate positive classroom management strategies
• Use developmentally appropriate technology relevant to teaching Languages
• Work collaboratively with colleagues as a team
• Additional duties as assigned
The positions are open for elementary and/or middle and/or high school and/or Adult instruction.
Alameda and around the bay area.
Interviews are being conducted from September 12 and salary is commensurate to experience.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department. A more complete list of duties and responsibilities are available upon demand.
Bay Language Academy is a foreign language program based in Alameda offering classes in Alameda and beyond. We offer innovative and fun classes in French, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Mandarin, English, Korean, Italian and Cantonese for adults and younger students (K through 12) and adults.