Artistic Home Studio & Boutique: Summer Art Camps for Creative Kids Entering 5th-10th gr
Are your tweens and teens looking for a new way to express their creativity this summer? We are offering week long summer art camps for entering 5th - 10th graders. These aren't your typical art camps though! Projects will be complex and challenging, designed for the youth who truly loves art, wants to explore new techniques and media, and has a passion for creating fabulous art!
Only 8 spaces will be available for each camp, so please register early to reserve a spot!
2019 PAINTING and MORE SUMMER CAMP DATES
July 29- August 2
Each day we will work on a different project or projects, including:
- Still life or Animal painting: Students will learn the basics of composition, foreground and background, light and shadow, and apply them to their own unique painting.
- Landscape painting: Students will work from a photograph to paint an amazing landscape on canvas! We will spend some time sketching ideas, and finally painting them on canvas. Let’s see what happens…
- Paper Collage: Students will create a paper collage on canvas (using a photo for reference). We will cover the basics of composition, layering foreground and background, and how to "paint" with paper.
- Paint-a-Chair Day: Students will bring in a chair or small piece of furniture and turn it into a unique and colorful work of art! We will cover the basics of adding color to a 3D functional object.
- Other FUN projects may include: Shibori tie dye, acrylic pouring, mandala rock painting, sign stenciling, string art, mixed media creations and MORE! We have lots of ideas and plenty of supplies to inspire endless creativity.
HOURS, FEES & DISCOUNTS
Art camp is from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm daily, Monday through Friday.
Cost is $420 per week. Early-bird sign-ups before May 31st are $390 per week.
Multiple week discount: Take $20 off each additional week, up to three weeks.
Sibling discount: Take $20 off for a sibling participating the same week.
Campers will need to bring a lunch, a snack, and a reusable bottle of water daily. (Lunch can also be purchased next door at Blue Dot Cafe, or across the street at Chestnut Encinal Market.)
After lunch each day, students will take a supervised 'walkabout' to surrounding areas near our studio. Destinations may include the beach and local parks.
Please wear comfortable clothing appropriate for getting messy, as we will be working with paint and other materials that may not wash out of clothing. Consider bringing your favorite smock or old t-shirt (we will provide some, but you may have one you prefer).
A minimum deposit of $150 is required at the time of registration. Fees may also be paid in full at the time of registration.
$50 of the deposit is non refundable. The balance is refundable up to 2 weeks prior to the first day of camp.
Cancellation within 2 weeks prior to the first day of camp will incur a $150 cancellation fee.
If the minimum deposit is paid at the time of registration, the balance is due the first day of camp.