Ann Martin Center: Sleep Solutions: Parent Workshop April 18
Parent Classes, Workshops & GroupsCity: EmeryvilleAges: All Ages
Sleep Solutions: How Sleep Deprivation in Youth Impacts Grades, Mood, and Health
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Ann Martin Center
1375 55th St. Emeryville
Presenter: Lara Scriba RN, CYT
In this experiential workshop, we will explore and experience a holistic approach to creating sleep habits that support you and your growing child. Discover how lack of sleep affects us all and consequently leads to a decline in physical and mental health, overall immunity, and the ability to learn, concentrate and retain information.
In this workshop we will:
- Learn about the importance of sleep for both youth and families, including the impact on grades, mood and health
- Discover how to effectively create an evening routine to induce a state of calm and relaxation
- Learn simple life-hacks to increase quality of sleep, boost immunity, optimize energy, enhance digestion & bring a little more ease into bedtime and family routines.
- Discuss current sleep related challenges and explore practical solutions to create your own individualized plan.
- Experience a gentle evening practice to induce a relaxation response and prepare the body for a blissful nights’ sleep.
Lara Scriba has a passion for holistic health and wellness in which she infuses not only into her professional life but also her family life as she raises 2 young boys. Diversifying her career to include both western & eastern philosophies, her background includes working as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Emergency, Public and Community Health, Yoga Teacher specializing in stress management, mindful eating, building body confidence and emotional resilience, and Reiki Practitioner. Lara currently teaches local and online workshops, yoga classes, and Eat Breathe Thrive Community, School and Research Programs here in the East Bay.